In lieu of Governor Wolf’s announcement regarding Montgomery County and the current health emergency, our facilities are closed, but our ministry is going strong!
Currently: The Pastor and Administrative Board have agreed after much prayer and consultation that our best option is to continue to meet online for all worship, meetings, and Christian education. We plan to keep our facilities closed in the current red phase and throughout the yellow phase, as the restrictions in yellow (only 25 people, no singing, masks, distancing, contact tracing, disinfecting, etc.) are considerable. Our goals are to phase in the entire worship team (with restrictions) and to continue to grow our worship, prayer, personal contact, studies, ministry, and outreach.
We are responding to the current pandemic in a number of ways, including:
– Live streaming our 10:30 am Worship to our FaceBook page every Sunday
– Meeting our children and youth on ZOOM Saturdays at 10 am, 11 am, 1 pm
– Meeting our adults on ZOOM Wednesday Nights at 7:00 pm for Prayer & Bible Study
Sunday Worship — We are live-streaming worship on our Facebook page beginning at 10:30 am on Sundays. (You do not need a Facebook account to access our page — just click on the link.) Afterward, the live worship recording will be posted to our new website at lfumcglenside.org (same web address but .org) and to our YouTube channel where you can access all of our videos. All of our sermons since 2015 are available on our podcast webpage and website. Listen in!
Communion – If you would like to participate in online Communion, please have ready a small glass of juice or water and a piece of plain bread or a plain cracker on a napkin for each person in your house. During Worship, the Pastor will provide directions.
Giving – The Board voted to tithe all of our offerings beginning in May to our local food bank Loaves and Fishes. Thank you for your generous support!
– Mail – You can mail your tithes and offerings to the church office at 137 North Easton Road, Glenside, PA 19038 or place them in our mailbox by the office doors.
– Electronically – If you do online banking, just enter a new payee – Lighthouse Fellowship UMC, 137 North Easton Road, Glenside, PA 19038 and use your Envelope Number as the Account number.
– PayPal – You can also use our website’s PayPal portal to give using debit and credit cards. Thank-you!
Need Help? If you are in need please don’t hesitate to contact Pastor Cindy at 267-614-3862 or email her at email@example.com. If you become ill or need anything, please tell the Pastor and we will pray for you and do whatever we can to help. We are in this together!
Plus: We are ramping up our response to Covid 19 with new efforts to address hunger:
1) We are tithing our weekly offerings to Loaves and Fishes, the Jenkintown Food Cupboard, to support their great effort to feed our neighbors. Thank you!
2) We have started a weekly food drop to our homeless friends in Hope Park in the Kensington section of Philadelphia.
Sign up at this link to drop off a loaf’s worth of sandwiches at the church each Sunday at noon. Thank you!
3) We are starting a food sharing ministry within our fellowship. If you are a member and you are experiencing a food shortage, contact the Pastor and she will arrange to meet your need.
And we are praying! Keep praying with us for all those who suffer and those who are serving them in Jesus’ name. We are doing our best to help stem the tide of the virus in our area and to cooperate with authorities while praying in faith for an end to this world-wide emergency. Join us in prayer, take every precaution, and fear not! God is with us and this too shall pass.